Uh oh…. the villagers might show up with pitchforks and torches. But the foodie has researched and has come up with three contenders. Feel free to add yours below!
IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER:
1. Thrashers in Rehoboth and in Ocean City. Par-fried in peanut oil. Can't get much better than that. No ketchup! Use malt vinegar! Bring your own ketchup or risk being smacked by one of the Svolis brothers at Gus & Gus in RB if you try to steal.
2. The fries at DB's Fries in Bethany Beach. Across from Zoca. Pair 'em with a cheesesteak.
3. 5 Guys! Prepared very much like Thrashers and cuddled up to your foil-wrapped burger so both stay tantalizingly warm.
4. Yes, McDonald's … even after the food police took them down a notch or two.
5. Bethany Blues: The shoestring variety. Not quite as firm and crispy as Thrashers, but quite good especially when slathered in Bethany Blues' spicy BBQ sauce. Pair them with a rack of St. Louis ribs.