Truth be told, I'm not much of a sushi eater, though I do like the many varieties where the proteins are cooked. But I get hundreds of emails every year from people who love the stuff, and after reviewing those emails and posts on RehobothFoodie.com, I have created a top-5 list of the most popular sushi spots, listed in the order of their popularity and positive comments. Places with links to my reviews are highlighted.
- Flying Fish Cafe on Fenwick Island: Barry does a beautiful job with a wide variety of styles, including sashimi. His dishes are as beautiful to look at as they are to eat.
- Cultured Pearl in downtown Rehoboth Beach: This place is a longtime staple, with occasional live entertainment and a fun regular bar and also a sushi bar.
- Nori Sushi Bar & Grill in Gold Coast Mall in Ocean City. The two Greek brothers who own this place do a great job. They also have a selection of non-sushi items including some very good wings.
- Saketumi on Coastal Highway: Nicely decorated with a fun bar. Large enough for private events. Good Asian menu also.
- Stingray on Lake Avenue in downtown Rehoboth: Fun regular bar and a sushi bar. Large non-sushi menu also.