I know, them’s fightin’ words. People get as wound up about crab cakes as they do about pizza. And I’ve got the abusive emails and idiotic Facebook posts to prove it. But that’s OK…at least I’ve got people thinking about this stuff.
As of this writing, the 5 best crab cakes I have had in the Rehoboth Beach area are, in NO PARTICULAR ORDER,
1. Woody’s East Coast Bar & Grill in Dewey Beach, slightly south of and across the street from The Starboard.
2. The Cafe on 26 in Ocean View, just west of Central Avenue on Atlantic Avenue (Rt. 26).
3. Surfing Crab in Lewes, just north of the Nassau Bridge.
4. Henlopen City Oyster House on Wilmington Avenue in downtown Rehoboth Beach.
5. Gilligan’s Lewes and Gilligan’s Milton. Cheryl Tilton’s own recipe.
6. Bluecoast Rehoboth. Of all the SoDel Concepts crab cakes, this one seems to stand out.
Now tell us your favorites. Keep it positive; I will edit out useless negative tirades (except for mine, of course…).
Add Your Comment below. Crab cake lovers are listening….