What would you like to do?
Select a Section
This one’s a no-brainer. La Dolce Vita in Long Neck. Eggplant slices are firm and nicely breaded to a dark crisp (not slimy). Cheese and sauce are applied lightly so as not to drown the nicely cooked vegetable. Click to … Continue reading
Another toss-up for Best of…: In no particular order, McCabe’s Gourmet Market in South Bethany (get it on a croissant with Havarti and a slice of avocado) and Lori’s Oy Vey Cafe on Baltimore Avenue in Rehoboth (lettuce, tomato and … Continue reading
Ever since celebrated New York chef/restaurateur Ciro Verdi joined forces with Ciprietti and crew at Touch of Italy (he has since moved on), TOI’s bolognese has been my favorite. I even get it on the Chicken Parm. Go figure. BUT … Continue reading
A Chicken Cheesesteak is a delicate balance of chicken that is chunky enough to not turn to mush when grilled, but not so chunky that it becomes a grilled chicken sandwich. And two local shops are neck-‘n’-neck for the title … Continue reading
Well that’s a toss-up, and both of the winners are from two of our quality chain operations here in Rehoboth Beach. The very best iced tea is the Black Iced Tea, unsweetened, from Starbuck’s. And beware! It packs a punch. … Continue reading
I know, them’s fightin’ words. People get as wound up about crab cakes as they do about pizza. And I’ve got the abusive emails and idiotic Facebook posts to prove it. But that’s OK…at least I’ve got people thinking about … Continue reading
Gourmand, critic and educator James Beard said it best: “Too few people understand a really good sandwich.” So true. And one of the most important sandwiches is the club sandwich, where the construction (nothing should stick out from the sides … Continue reading
This is another toss-up. The Café Azafrán Haricots Verts (with toasted hazelnuts and gorgonzola) on Baltimore Avenue in Rehoboth Beach are neck ‘n’ neck with the Sauteed String Beans at Confucius on Wilmington Avenue. Both are delicious. So get both. … Continue reading
1. Guest to Papa Grande’s Coastal Taqueria manager after finishing her meal: “I’m disappointed. I thought it would be more like Taco Bell.” 2. Post on Facebook after a link that clearly identifies the restaurant depicted a photo: “What restaurant … Continue reading
- Last week on Sip & Bite
- Station on Kings OPEN
- Wazzup Xmas & NYE?
- Bake Shoppe Closed
- Bella Coast = Touch of Italy
- Save the Date! 3/24
- Jakes Downtown Closed
- From Papa’s to Azzurro: March ’18
- Cruise w/The Foodie April ’18
- INDIGO Sunday Lunch Buffet
- Bruce Anthony Fridays @ C&M
- Winter WonderFEST is Back
- Locals: Come Out & Play!
- Old Dogfish No More
- Savannah’s OUT, HotDogs IN
- Veterans’ Discounts at Minh’s
- Like the Foodie Digest? It’s Free!
- The Foodie’s Got Coastal Style!
- The Ogre Has Arrived!
- Little Brick Cakery Open
- App Owners: Update!
- Gary’s Goes Craft (Beer)
- Zach Returns w/EasySpeak
- Hobos OUT, The Pines IN
- From Sydney to Ray in 2018
- Fins Carryout in the Works
- DiFebo’s Goes to Berlin