In late June, Dogfish Head Founder and President Sam Calagione will embark on a 600-mile boat journey to celebrate the opening of the Dogfish Inn in Lewes and raise money and awareness for The Nature Conservancy.
At five stops along the way – Atlantic City, Manhattan, Block Island, Boston and Portland – Sam will host multi-course beer dinners at some of his favorite restaurants.
In the spirit of the adventure, Dogfish Head and the host restaurants will donate $2,000 for each stop to The Nature Conservancy, a million-member nonprofit dedicated to conserving “the lands and waters on which all life depends.”
Check out the itinerary: At each overnight location, Sam will host a beer dinner highlighting the diversity, complexity and food-compatibility of Dogfish Head's off-centered ales.
- • Monday, June 23: Scales Grill and Deck Bar, 800 N. New Hampshire Ave., Atlantic City, N.J. For reservations, email email@example.com.
- • Wednesday, June 25: La Birreria at Eataly, 200 Fifth Ave., New York, N.Y. The dinner will include a live performance by musician and Dogfish Head collaborator Julianna Barwick. For reservations, call 212-539-0204, ext. 304, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- • Thursday, June 26: Atlantic Inn, Block Island, R.I. For reservations, call 401-466-5883 or email email@example.com.
- • Sunday, June 29: Merchant, 60 Franklin St., Boston, Mass. For reservations, visit the Merchant online.
- • Tuesday, July 1: Infiniti Fermentation and Distillation, Portland, Maine. For reservations, call 207-221-8889.