The Rehoboth Foodie joins Dogfish Head boss Sam Calagione, Dogfish Head Distiller Graham Hamblett and Chesapeake & Maine barkeep Rob Bagley on a panel of judges for the very first Sonic Archaeology Cocktail Competition on Sunday, June 11 from 5-8 at Chesapeake & Maine in downtown Rehoboth.
- Chesapeake & Maine will host Delaware bartenders as they compete for Top Cocktail featuring Dogfish Head Distilling Co. spirits!
- Bartenders will have 15 minutes to develop an original cocktail creation using Dogfish spirits and a selection of off-centered ingredients, juices and mixers.
- The winning cocktail will be batched and bottled for purchase by Dogfish Head Distilling Co. – as best as we can tell, this is the first time a cocktail competition has offered bottling / selling the recipe , so pretty cool!
- A portion of proceeds from the Sunday night event and the bottle sales will go to support CHEF
- Competing mixologists include Hari Cameron from Amuse, Arena’s Jenny Rodgers, Crust & Craft’s Katie Sherman, Fork & Flask’s Ginger Breneman, Kindle’s Lynda Knutsen and Restaurant 55’s Mary Anderson.
- The cocktail competition winner will be announced at 7:30pm. Flights of the competition cocktails will be available for purchase as well as specials from a delicious happy hour menu till close.
- This is a non-ticketed event. Event proceeds and bottle sales will support Cape Henlopen Education Foundation (CAPE).
I’ll see you there!